What is Patina Leather?
- Our Patina leathers are achieved through a range of techniques for colouring, bleaching and darkening the leather.
- This is an entirely handmade process using various polishes, dyes, waxes and oils. Each of our patina creations, be it a pair of shoes, a belt or a cigar case, are the result of this labour intensive manual process.
- For this reason there may be slight variations from one product to the next – this is to be embraced as these variations are a part of what gives a patina leather product its unique depth of character and soul.
- Patina finishing is also known as antiquing and it does indeed give a product a “lived-in” appearance.
- On our customisation Workbench you may alter the intensity of each patina finish – the more intense the patina, the greater the contrast.